My life through Volleyball: Nathan Roberts

Well this is pretty much a bit of blog about an Australian guy and his many adventures around the world playing volleyball. (as well as various other things)

Friday, March 17, 2006

Down to the wire!

Well the slutspil is certainly hotting up! Especially with this weekend. We have 5 teams going for 4 Semi final spots.We have a top of the table match, Sk Aarhus playing for their playoff life against Aalborg (who can still possibly not make semi's) and Gentofte looking for a much needed win to get back on track for what is shaping up to be a big match against us next week!
Well i'm gonna start with the Gentofte- Holte game. I predict that Gentofte will win the game easily, but more importantly get some much needed confidence after a lean few weeks. Gentofte have been unlucky after losing some matches to an 'in form' Aarhus and Aalborg. However I'm sure they would still be disspaointed with their efforts. However I will never write of Gentofte, they have the big guns who are able to turn it on and take out any team in the competition at any given time, winning the pokal final was certainly no fluke!
This leads me to the Aarhus- Aalborg game. Aarhus are playing for their playoff life for i believe the 2nd or 3rd week. And full credit to them for staying in the semi final hunt. Certainly playing at home will be an advantage for them especially if they play in the smaller hall. However for some reason i'm liking Aalborg in this game. I think that they have a solid attacking lineup, and if the passing holds up they will be in the box seat. However I wouldn't be suprised with an Aarhus victory.
Now for the top of the table clash! The only team we havn't been able to beat this year is Middelfart. It certainly seems like they enjoy playing us. But this time we have a point to prove after coming home with our tail between our legs after getting spanked in Middelfart. I think to gain top spot we are gonna need a good victory over Middelfart, which is certainly what we are going to attempt to do. (easier said then done) However also having bragging rights going into finals will surely be a big advantage also. I think our serve is important, when we serve well it will make it hard for any team to attack consistently. However in saying that Schula and Funch have been very solid all year in reception and attack, and I think it will be no different on Sunday. It will have to be a good performance all round from the guys to get a victory.
So everybody lets just sit back and see how the slutspil unfolds over the next few weeks. Knowing this season I'm sure theres gonna be some suprises in store for us!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kinger said...

hey man! just found your site! lookin good...see you sunday!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home