My life through Volleyball: Nathan Roberts

Well this is pretty much a bit of blog about an Australian guy and his many adventures around the world playing volleyball. (as well as various other things)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Reflections



Well my first season in an overseas league is over. As I sit here at home I can look back on what has been a wonderful experience. To fininsh with a championship medal is a great way to leave the country. However It was not always smooth sailing! We had a coaching change early on, a few injuries to starting players Jordan being the biggest injury.(But having Paw play as a middle was also memorable) Theres was a bad loss in the cup semi final and some interesting matches down in Wuppertal where I think we learnt a lot as a team. However the last month and a half of the season folowing the SK Aarhus loss was great solid volleyball. Peaking at the right time and winning 8 in a row was great. I would like to say thanks to all the team, coaches and whoever else contributed in some way to the win. Hopefully Marienlyst can grab a hatrick of titles next year.
Off the court I also had an awesome time. What I was most worried about was that I would not get along with too many people, but it was quite the opposite, everyone in the team were great blokes and really made me feel like home. So thanks for that as well. They will be sorely missed. In regards to where I will be playing next year, I'm still not sure. There a few options in up to 3-4 countries at the moment, but I'm gonna have to wait to see who is more interested and whether I see these clubs as a positive for my development. However there are probably a couple of clubs that I personally am more interested in. Hopefully things start to develop in a few more weeks and I'll be letting everybody know what happens at a later date.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home