Report Final # 1
Marienlyst 3 Middelfart 0. 25-20, 25-21, 25-17
Well I have to say I was more nervous entering this game than any other in my life. I'm not sure why, I mean qualifying for a world championships is probably on par or above this match, but it was different because you only had the one day to think about the next game. It's the same with my youth world championships quarter final of 2003, it just happened, you did not have time to comprehend it, just time to play. However this match we had etched in our mind since monday (if not for most of the year) and I'm just happy we got over the line.
The first set started off pretty well we made a few transition plays early and then Middelfart did the same and took a slender lead. Slowly but surely we pulled them back and ran away with the set at the end. Nothing special just good solid volleyball.
The second set was almost the exact same. Both teams probably made some more service errors, but it was us who got the edge after 15 and finished the set. Toke and Daniel really started to get going in this set by making some good blocks and great swings.
The start of the third was again even. Then at about 10 we grabbed a couple of point lead which we slowly extended to 4 by 20-16. Finishing strong with a few more blocks and we were able to take that set comfortably to 17.
Our game was certainly not as exciting as I expected. There was nothing really special, we just managed to control the game and keep our composure. It's a good sign because we can improve a lot going into the next match. I think playing at Marienlyst will be an advantage, but Middelfart have shown that they can win on our home court. I expect a tough game where they throw everything at us. I'm looking forward to seeing a packed house at Marienlyst on Monday!
Labels: Denmark


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home