My life through Volleyball: Nathan Roberts

Well this is pretty much a bit of blog about an Australian guy and his many adventures around the world playing volleyball. (as well as various other things)

Monday, December 17, 2007

Problems!!!

Well after my nightmare travel back from Japan! Tokyo-Sydney-Canberra...2 hrs in Canberra-Sydney-Singapore- Frankfurt- Porto (56 hrs all up) I finally got back to Porto. Unfortunatelly the team was sitting in 8th place which is well below our capabilities! Then another problem arose. I found that my hand was playing up on me, I have had some slight circulation problems in my right hand, generally just a little coldness (sorta like trying to play an 8am game in a cold gym) it came on and off, but since i've been back i've found it 10 times worse. It is really painful to do anything, hitting and serving makes my hand feel it's been whipped evry action and if I have the ball hit my wrist I immediatelly get pain jolting down my arm and hand. Also the hand is really cold and often goes completely white or blue.... so yeh it's pretty annoying. I'm actually doing full training in a glove (makes it pretty hard to hit) it's getting that bad. Apparently i'm going to be seeing a specialist soon so hopefully they can figure something out, however I had scans in Oz months ago when it was only a minor problem and they couldn't find anything so I'm not holding my breath! I just can't stand the fact it's really hard to enjoy my Volleyball when i'm in pain the entire time!
So all in all things are a bit of a struggle here, also doesn't help where getting to the festive season, hearing about my brothers birthday, plans for xmas and how good the weather is getting doesn't help. Luckily we have 5 forign guys planning a big feast for xmas day and should all be a lot of fun, were even gonna teach the Americans and the Canadians how to play cricket! It should be a good day to spend our 2 days off over xmas!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Nate, sorry to hear about the problems, it seems that more and more volleyball players are dealing with this type of injury. It's always scary when you can't explain the source of the problem. Anyways, I'm sure you'll get through it and be as good as new... That glove probably looks cool too...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kasper said...

Sounds like the same thing that Kristian Knudsen of the Danish national team had a few years ago. It was pretty bad, but he's over it nowe.

Maybe he can give you some advice.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home