Random stuff
I was home in Adelaide the other talking to my girlfriend Kate's step-mother Karen about some of the experiences I have had overseas. She was saying how it would be a good idea to write a lot of the funny and exciting experiences down so as I could remember them. Now I have had the blog on and off, but in general it has mostly been about the matches, and not so much about some of the incidents that occur outside of the court. So from now on every now and then as I remember them I'll write about some of the incidents that occur every now and then that have stuck in my mind.
For all the national team boys/other friends out there who remember some, don't be afraid to let me know about them again and i'll get round to putting them all up eventually.
The first one I'm going to start with has gone down fairly quickly in AIS folk lore. Funnily enough I wasn't actually on this tour, yet I have heard the story so much I believe I could tell it fairly truthfully (someone tell me if I'm not)
The younger AIS boys were doing there annual tour of Europe, and the happened to be in France at the time. Feeling a little peckish they decided to head into one of the local patisseries to find some baked goods. Gregory Sukochev walks in has a look around and finally decides on what he wants, walks up to the young lady behind the counter and asks for a Meringue. Unfortunately he pronounced the word as it was written.....in an English way, so essentially Mer-in-goo-eee. Of course all the boys in the store here this and crack up laughing....as well as the girl behind the counter. I guess Greg's French needs a little bit of work.
As there are no photos of the incident I've decided to put up some funny photos of Greg, he is fairly renowned for them. In fact Johnny Dekker even has a Facebook album dedicated to them!




Labels: random stories


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home