National team/next season

Well it's been a while since I last posted and a bit has happened since then. After a much needed month off home in Adelaide it was time to get back into shape and head over to national team training in canberra. Did a few trainings in Adelaide but it took a while to get back into it! The first week caused a lot of soreness and tiredness for most guys. Training in general has been up and down, personally for me the first week was rather shocking. After that it became a little more consistent for myself and all the guys. We just had some selections for an upcoming tour to play some friendly games in China, Iran and Italy. Were taking a really young team because a lot of the older guys are injured or playing in contracts elsewhere. Im real excited about the group of young guys we got coming through, I'm sure we are all going to learn a lot from this upcoming tour and hopefully we play some good consistent volleyball.
As many of you may of heard i've just sorted out where i'm playing next season in Europe. I've decided to sign with Wuppertal in the Bundesliga for next season. I know it seems that I might be following the recent 'Marienlyst tradition' of heading to Wuppertal, but the truth is I had a couple of options from asome strong teams in a few different countries but i felt that Wuppertal had some great facilities as well as a well respected coach. I also believe it's a good level to step up too after playing in the Danish league. There's also seems to be a few young guys like Mads and Peter who from what i've been told have been improving a lot in there time over there. I'm sure i'll be able to do something similar and come back to national team in 2007 as a much improved player.
So pretty much thats it at the moment. The national team has another tour through Canada and Europe and then of course world championships in November. Just going to be training my arse to try and get on all these teams. Of course that is much easier said than done.
Labels: Australian Senior Team


1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home