My life through Volleyball: Nathan Roberts

Well this is pretty much a bit of blog about an Australian guy and his many adventures around the world playing volleyball. (as well as various other things)

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Peter and the Australian Accent!

I'm not sure exactly why my accent has been deemed so funny this year by the rest of the guys in the team. I guess I was just lucky last year to be living with a Scottish guy who's accent was well.....yeh really funny and hard to understand (Sorry Stewart) But this year I'm getting smashed. I blame much of this problem squarly on Peter Lyck from Danmarkland. It all started when I yelled out 'Boom' at training after a big block, I turn around and Peter can't stop laughing at me, apparently the 'o' sound is a rather different to the traditional American accent!
So since this time there have been several added words
"beetroot"
"Leafy Greens"
"Low"
"Flow"
Just to name a few.


Of course Peter is not the only culprit, Mads (also from Danmarkistan)and Jordan (A Yankee) also like to attempt a rendition of the Aussit accent from time to time! Jordan's favourite being "Tell him he's dreaming" & "Jousting sticks, what do ya want with josuting sticks darl." Although I do cop a lot of shit for this I think it's great to have mates in the team who can take the piss out of eachother. Im real happy with the friends I've made in the team over here! But as far as I'm concerned the Aussie way of speaking is bloody brilliant and I won't be changing my ways anytime soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home