2006 Senior team Trip- Italy


So after Iran it was time to spend a few days in Varese, Italy. (1/2 an hour North of Milan) This is to be the sight of where the new Australian Institute of Sport Eurohub is to be built in the near future, and what a beautiful little area it was! We were also able to train nearby for 2 days, mainly just some game play stuff, but it was good to have some inter-team matches to finish of the tour. We were lucky enought to have some great weather throughout our time in Italy. Sunny and about 30 degrees everyday, the pool sure did get a workout. Many of the guys were able to go into Varese and have a look around for a bit, unfortunate we didn't have a little extra time but we still tried to make the most of it.
Perhaps the only downer of our time in Italy was losing to those Italians in the soccer. All the guys (especially Hughesy our physio) were pretty unhappy with the penalty at the end of the match, especially after the Aussies played so well throughout the whole match. But oh well thats soccer for ya! I'm still pretty happy we were able to make it out of our pool, but we will always wonder what could have been...........
By now it was time to go home via Madrid and Johannesburg!!!! Which I tell you is a bloody long way home. I was lucky enough to get a business class seat for the Johannesburg- Sydney leg which was pretty awesome. Allowed me to get some sleep which I otherwise would not of! I think all in all we were all glad to get back to Aus and get back into a routine again.... well that is until Juniors next week.
Labels: Australian Senior Team


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home